Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A little about Awana

I really enjoy Awana. Especially L.I.T.ing (did I do that right?). That stands for leaders in training. I help out in the Sparkies group which is for kids in kindergarten through second grade. The kids are so cute! I helped out in a group that I hadn't helped out in before tonight, and there was this little boy who was a doll! He was such a mumbler and mixed parts of John 3:16 into every verse. He had a Tootsie Pop and was licking it very slowly and methodically. So, I asked if he was trying to count how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, and he starts counting 1,2,3, etc. He got all the way up to 25 then skipped to 1,000. He was adorable! I love spending time with the kids and I enjoy having the opportunity to teach little kids about the Bible. Is there truly any greater joy than seeing children learn about Jesus?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Dibs on Lisa Dawn for next year's VBS :)

Clare said...

I had Awana tonight and I really enjoyed it, too. I took the huge "bupcakes" and they loved them. Now, if I only knew how they felt about the lesson... :)