Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Christmas Time is here

I love Christmas! It is my favorite time of year. Yes, I know it is only the middle of October but I am already eagerly anticipating the season of our Lord's birth. I love every aspect of Christmas, the shopping, the gift wrapping, the Nutcracker, decorating the tree, and especially the music. I started playing Christmas music on the piano in September. It brings me an inexpressable amount of joy and my family dismay. They all don't relish the sounds of, "Joy to the World" quite as much as I do. In fact they had a rule that you couldn't sing or play Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. Tough luck for them! I can't wait until I get to start wrapping presents. I am not very good at it but, I like to do it probably because I get to listen to Christmas music. I am really excited for Christmas this year because my sister Clare and her 2 kids are going to be here! The more the merrier. Well, merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Contrare my dear! I, too, love Christmas music. I really enjoy most of the season except for the "gift" picking part. I don't even mind the expense as much as the "what" to give. And as for the wrapping, I don't delight in that either until I see the finished product all neatly packaged under the tree. However, I do love the squeals as the gifts are unveiled. Merry Christmas to you dear daughter! Love, MOM

Clare said...

Now you have me singing Christmas carols! I always loved Christmas when I was younger-I have decided to try to get more of the Savior and less of the stress this year. I am glad I will be there to reflect in some of your excitement (and see the pink tree!).

Rachel said...

We're such kindred spirits Lisa Dawn. I love Christmas all year long and I hate when people complain, "Christmas already? It's not even Halloween." Get a hold of yourself and get some holiday spirit you whiners :)

Robyn said...

Along the lines of Christmas. This is you and all those other siblings of mine's warning that I better get a Christmas list soon or there will be NO gifts:) Seriously if you have time I am looking for at least 2 or 3 ideas from each of you.

P.S. Couldn't you be a little excited about Turkey day since I will be there:(